Monday, July 6, 2009

Less than 1% Point to GO!

I weighed myself today and depending on which scale I got on I was at 203.5-205lbs (with breakfast and lunch in me--that's how I know the scale has definitely gone down!). I checked my BMI after that and I am less than 1 percentage point to go from moving out of the "obese" category and into the "over weight" category! This also brings my total weight loss to about 70lbs!! I am so freakin' excited!

Not only am I excited that I have dropped 4lbs since starting boot camp two weeks ago but I have overcome another plateau in my weight loss and I am getting closer to my goal every day!!

I am back on a 1300-1500 calorie a day meal plan (free on sparkpeople.com in case you haven't seen my post below about the site) Anyway, I just wanted to share what I ate today was so you can get an idea of what kind of foods you can eat for 1300-1500 calories a day diet:

Breakfast:
Trader Joe's Multi grain waffles x2 - 230 calories <- plain no butter or syrup Trader Joe's Yogurt (mixed berry) 6oz. cup - 130

Lunch:

Romaine lettuce Salad 2 cups - 16
Oil, herb & apple cider vinegar dressing 1tbs - 70
Carrots, raw .25 cup - 16
Cucumber (with peel) slices .25 cup - 3
Amy's Kitchen Potato Leek Soup 2 cups - 360
Peach 1 large (2-3/4" diameter) - 68

Snack:
Hot brewed tea w/ 1tsp of sugar - 19

Dinner:
Trader Joe's Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage 2 links - 200
Whole Grain Spaghetti 1.5 cup - 260
Spaghetti Sauce .5 cup - 71
Strawberry's (medium 1-1/4" diameter) x 7 - 25

Total calories: 1468 (right with-in my daily range)
Total Fat: 53 (I went a little over my daily limit here)
Total Carbs: 203 (I had about double my daily limit, but every thing I ate was whole grain)
Total Protein: 55 (about double my suggested intake... don't think that's a bad thing tho :))

So obviously there's some room for improvement. I ate too much fat today, and way to many carbs. I'm supposed to stay with in 30% or so of my daily intake. I have to think of other things to eat and try and stay in my range. But at least I'm carbed up and will be full of energy for my soccer game tomorrow!

Also, can you tell that trader joe's obviously keeps me alive and functioning? I love that store!

So I am also one step closer to earning these:



the tortiose shell wayfarers, just like Audrey Hepburn wore in breakfast at tiffany's

Classy

I promised myself I would buy them once I reached my goal. It might take another half year, but one day I'll own a pair. They're like the classic 1950's style sun glasses.



It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.


No comments: