Monday, August 31, 2009

Soccer Sunday's!!

Yesterday fall soccer season kicked off and in two weeks I will be in full soccer mode! My ladies league will be kicking butt on Saturday's and the co-ed league is already kicking some rec soccer ass on Sunday's! So all fall long it will be Soccer Saturday's and Soccer Sunday's baby! (But I guess I will only do a recap at the end of the week...and yes I realize its already Monday.)

Recap!

I was a bit nervous with the co-ed league, you never know what it's going to be like starting with a new group of players. If we're going to mesh well on the field or if we'll need a game or two to get into our stride, but we took off running with a win 5 or 6 to 0. It was one of those games where so many goals were scored you lost count. And then you started to feel bad for the other team because you could see their talent and frustration but they weren't able to get the ball in the back of the net. But didn't feel bad enough to go easy on them of course ;).

I was on defense and I felt I did well enough. All the practicing on my own and boot camp sessions has definitely made me faster and stronger. I had a little difficulty keeping up with one guy on the other team but he was definitely their fastest player. I ran neck and neck with him a few times but he managed to get one step ahead, but at least the other defenders had my back and didn't let any of his crosses go anywhere. Other than that I had some good passes and had one good defending moment which even the guy on the other team complimented me on. So all and all it was a great start to the fall season!!

I'm super excited to be back out there doing my favorite exercise!!

And now for some Messi!!



No comments: