Friday, September 4, 2009

Current Status: It's Not All About the Scale!

It's been about a month since I've posted one of this so with out further ado:

here is yet another segment on this blog where I rant/ramble:

Current Mood: Motivated, excited!

Current Weight: 197 (down 12 pounds since I started the blog June 26th, my first day of boot camp. Total weight loss since April 2008 is 78lbs!)

If you notice the last time I posted one of these status updates was about a month ago like I said, but I also only lost 1 lb in that month, however I had my measurements taken this morning and I am down over all 4.75 inches of body fat (!!!!!:D) since the last time I had my measurements in mid July!!! I lost an inch on my waist, half an inch on my thigh, and inch from my shoulders...I can't remember the other numbers because I don't have a copy of the chart, but holy crap I'm excited!!! I had been noticing that the new dressy work pants I bought 2 months ago were starting to turn into droopy drawers on me (Note: you'll be spending a lot of money on new clothes during weight loss!)

SO it's NOT all about the numbers on the scale sometimes it's about the way you look and how your clothes start to fit you. Muscle weighs more than fat so you might be bulking up the muscle and dropping off the fat but you won't see the scale numbers shift much. So I need to make sure I don't get obsessed with the scale numbers and just keep doing what I'm doing because I know it works!

Currently Thinking about: Losing the next 4.75 inches of fat!

Currently NOT thinking about: Hrm.... I'm at work for the next 7.5 hours so I'm not trying to think about that.

Currently looking online at: Nothing right now sadly, trying to make this post super fast!
Currently looking forward to: planning a potential vacation to England, Ireland and Scotland. The Sister and I are trying to plan our next traveling adventure...




Currently wishing that: I had more blog followers! I want to spread the word about healthy habits to more people!

Currently listening to: Radiohead, the Bends





No comments: